It was a dream come true for fans and people who tipped Celestine Donkor to win this year’s edition of National Gospel Music Awards (NGMA) 2019.
The third edition of the Awards which came off in Kumasi at Bantama Church of Pentecost was purely based on the previous year’s works. Many commended the Agbebolo hitmaker and the award as well deserved for her contribution in 2019, if not for anything, for her viral song ‘Agbebolo’.
May 13, 2019 Prev Next 1 of 4
There were a number of surprises and the not too known and usual faces picking awards in different categories. This include, group of the year going to Towdah Sounds, Female Vocalist of the Year won Perppy, and Songwriter the Year won by Brother Fire.
Aside from winning in the most prestigious category, Celestine also picked up awards in 3 other categories which include, Song of the Year, Collaboration of the Year, and Album of the Year all through Agbebolo.
Secular singer Kofi Kinaata also won an award for Hybrid Song of the Year, a new category introduced into the scheme this year for his viral song ‘Things Fall Apart’.
Below is the full list of winners at the NGMA.
- Sound Engineer of the Year – Dan Bassey
- Male Vocalist of the Year – Nacee
- Songwriter the Year – Brother Fire
- Female Vocalist of the Year – Perppy
- Worship Song of the Year – Mpaebo (Nacee)
- Praise Song of the Year – Adin Bi Agye Me (Odehyieba Priscilla)
- Group of the Year – Towdah Sounds (Simply Amazing)
- Collaboration of the Year – Agbebolo(Celestine Donkor ft Nhyiraba Gideon)
- Promising Artiste of the Year – Ewurah (Nyame Aye Bi)
- New Gospel Artiste of the Year – BiBi Adu-Poku (Sound of Abundance)
- Traditional Song of the Year – Yen Egya Owo Sor (De Servant)
- Urban Song of the Year – Aseda (Don Cemon)
- Choral Song of the Year -Pae Mu Ka (Harmonious Chorale)
- Hybrid Song of the Year -Things Fall Apart (Kofi Kinaata)
- Video of the Year -W’asem (Diana Hamilton)
- Album of the Year – Agbebolo (Celestine Donkor)
- Song of the Year – Agbebolo (Celestine Donkor)
- Best Gospel Artiste of the Year (Diaspora) – Fletcher Narh USA (Ololufemi)
- Artiste of the Year -Celestine Donkor (Agbebolo)